It’s the #2 question* I get from readers: “How do I leave a review for your book on Amazon, even though I didn’t buy your book there?”
The answer is: You can leave a rating or review for a book that you didn’t purchase on the site.
Why Amazon ratings/reviews are important to authors
A rating is the number of stars a book has. Amazon allows customers to rate a book with one to five stars. One being bad. Five being freaking awesome.
A review is your viewpoint on the book. What you thought of it. Why other readers should get the book (or stay away).
When an author receives 25 ratings on their book title, Amazon kicks up promotion of that book in their searches. That’s why, if you loved a book, rate it four or five stars and help out your favorite author. You don’t have to leave a review to rate a book.
How to leave a book rating or review on Amazon
- Log into your Amazon account.
- Go to the book title you want to rate/review
- Select the number of stars you’d like to rate the book. If you’d like to just rate the book without leaving a review, go to step five.
- Write a review in the Customer Reviews section. A review should be a minimum of 20 words and should tell other readers why they would like the book. (What did you like about it? What other books is it like?)
- Click submit. Amazon will usually send you an email that lets you know your review was accepted.
Rating the Flamingo Cove series
Did you read the Flamingo Cove books and want to leave a rating? THANK YOU! Here are some links to help:
*In case you were wondering, the #1 question I get is “What’s next for Wysdom?”
You’ll just have to follow along in the Flamingo Cove series to find out!